Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to bcfcforum.co.uk. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Look Who's Coming Back!!!
Topic Started: Oct 13 2005, 10:17 AM (210 Views)
Chopper_imp
Member Avatar
Garry Pendrey
[ *  *  *  * ]
Former City Fav Coming Home?

Former Lincoln City favourite Simon Yeo could be set for a shock return to Sincil Bank.

Yeo quit Britain for New Zealand in June following the Imps' second play-off final defeat in three seasons.
The 31-year-old joined the New Zealand Knights for a new life down under. But after just four months with the Hyundai A-League club he wants to come home - with the Imps ready to bring him back.

As revealed in yesterday's Echo, City boss Keith Alexander is in the market for a new striker to boost his flagging frontline and he is keeping a close eye on the former soldier.

"I won't lie, it's getting difficult here in New Zealand," said Yeo, in an exclusive interview with the Echo.

"I am near the end of my tether.

"It's not only the football that is disappointing me. I have two houses back in England and the exchange rate is hurting me financially because I have to pay large amounts in dollars to cover my mortgages back home.

"There is also my children's schools and health fees to pay - which I wasn't aware of when I came out here - and they are not cheap either.

"I am going to speak to the chairman here and see what he has to say.

"If Lincoln were to come in for me I would find a move back there hard to resist.

"I had a great three years there and still know a lot of the lads.

"I see they are struggling for goals at present and I would love to be able to help them out."

Apart from Gary Birch, who has scored seven goals this season, City's forwards have struggled to find the net with Marvin Robinson, Derek Asamoah, Francis Green, Maheta Molango, Ollie Ryan and Danny Bacon contributing just five goals between them.

Alexander believes Yeo, who blasted 23 goals for the Imps last season, could be the predator the Imps are seeking.

"Simon is a goalscorer, pure and simple, and that is what we have been lacking this season," said the City boss. "He did an excellent job for me and he is a good player.

"He has goals left in him and I am sure he would do the job for us.

"We are keeping our eye on the situation and we would love to have him back.

"But there are plenty of hurdles to overcome before a move happens."

New Zealand Knights are currently bottom of the A-League with three points from seven games following a poor start to the season.

Their only win came courtesy of a 2-0 victory at Central Coast Mariners last month when Yeo scored his first goal of the campaign.

He netted again in a 2-1 defeat by Adelaide but his third game in Knights' colours was brought to an abrupt end when he was sent off for a foul.

Yeo joined the Imps from non-league Hyde United in May 2002 and soon became an instant hit with City fans.

In three seasons he made 143 appearances and scored 46 goals to become one of City's most successful strikers of recent years.

However, the pain of May's 2-1 League Two play-off final defeat by Huddersfield at Cardiff 's Millennium Stadium proved too much.

Following City's third successive season of play-off heartache he turned down the offer of a new contract at Lincoln and signed a three-year deal with the Knights.

His departure was not on the best of terms as he fired a parting shot at the City board before setting sail for the southern hemisphere.

In an exclusive Echo interview, Yeo claimed the board's relationship with the players had become strained in the lead up to the play-off final over the issue of bonuses.

City fans were split over his decision to speak out.

Four months down the line he insists his criticism had been aimed at only one person at the club.

"I don't want to name names, but there was one person my comments were directed at," said Yeo.

"Anyone who knows me will tell you I didn't get on with the person involved. But people like Rob Bradley, Steff Wright and Ray Trew were fantastic and I got on well with them.

"I have happy memories of Lincoln and I loved the fans too.

"I was hurt when I found out they were angry over the interview.

"I never intended to upset them.

"I still keep in contact with a lot of the fans by e-mail now and I had plenty of goodwill messages when I left.

"They still mean an awful lot to me."

;) :D

YEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Bluenose4life
Member Avatar
Paul Tait
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Why did he leave for New Zealand? It was hardly a step up
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
james_imp
Martin Grainger
[ *  *  * ]
More security...as hes about 31/32 now ?? We were never going to offer him a 3 year deal which the New Zealand Knights did...and of course, more money per week as well !!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Non-Blues Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Forum Design by Hirsty.