Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to bcfcforum.co.uk. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rooney's First Red Card; Who remembers ?
Topic Started: Jul 10 2017, 09:07 PM (751 Views)
Hirsty
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I remember it well, sat in the kop. thought at the time he'd never get anywhere - petulant 17 year old.. How wrong I was...

Quote:

December 26, 2002

On as a substitute, the 17-year-old, who was playing for his boyhood club Everton, went flying into a challenge with Birmingham City defender Steve Vickers after his control had let him down. Referee David Elleray had little hesitation in brandishing a red card, although Toffees boss David Moyes would later insist that the offence only warranted a caution.

And now back at Everton, Pyjamas and all. Can't knock him - record MUFC and England goalscorer.

KRO,

C.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lowdham bluenose
Joe Bradford
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have never rated him since 2004.

Since then he has been a flat track bully playing in very good teams but himself only performing and scoring against inferior competition. He scores in internationals but only against the likes of Estonia, Slovakia, Cyprus etc.. He never performs in the major competitions. The same in European club competitions where he scores in the group stages but never performs in the big knock-out games. Likewise in the Premier League he scores against the likes of Watford, Blackburn, Blues etc but is not so obvious against Chelsea etc.

When at Man U he has always been the bridesmaid up front - second to Van Nistelroy, second to van Persie even second to an ageing Ibrahimovic.

Overrated who never lived up to the hype in the early 2000s.

Thank goodness we've heard the last of him.

canadian brummie
Malcom Page
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
lowdham bluenose
Jul 11 2017, 09:01 AM

Since then he has been a flat track bully playing in very good teams but himself only performing and scoring against inferior competition. He scores in internationals but only against the likes of Estonia, Slovakia, Cyprus etc.. He never performs in the major competitions. The same in European club competitions where he scores in the group stages but never performs in the big knock-out games. Likewise in the Premier League he scores against the likes of Watford, Blackburn, Blues etc but is not so obvious against Chelsea etc.

When at Man U he has always been the bridesmaid up front - second to Van Nistelroy, second to van Persie even second to an ageing Ibrahimovic.

I don't think you have heard the last of him by a long shot. Not a prolific goal scorer but over the past few years has scored some sensational goals.

I guess what you are saying is that he has conned all these managers who have chosen him to be captain etc.

Coorslite
Member Avatar
Frank Worthington
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, I have never rated Rooney, or never rated the Hype around him. I think he gets to much media coverage and is scrutinised for everything his does on the pitch. I think he will do OK at Everton. Koeman rates him and he does have a great range of passes.

He needs a settled field position. At Utd he was played all over the place. He needs to sit deeper in the midfield as the distributer IMO.

Good luck to him.

cmacatini
Peter Enckelman
[ *  *  * ]
I hope he does well at Everton.
Just seen cracking goal he scored tonight on BBC website.
Would be breath of fresh air bit like with Leicester if he can inspire Everton to get into top 4 instead of same old teams each season
Good for england too if he does well

PartisanBCFC
Member Avatar
Jack Wiseman
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
cmacatini
Jul 13 2017, 10:47 PM
I hope he does well at Everton.
Just seen cracking goal he scored tonight on BBC website.
Would be breath of fresh air bit like with Leicester if he can inspire Everton to get into top 4 instead of same old teams each season
Good for england too if he does well
Wayne has called it a day on his England career

Fair play to the guy , going out while he's on top, smart move....country's leading cap holder for an outfield player and the country's leading goal scorer and still playing in the top flight at 31 years old at the club where he first started his illustrious and trophy laden career

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/23/wayne-rooney-englands-record-goalscorer-retires-international/

As for this flat track bully nonsense , he scored the winning goal against Stoke on opening day and scored the opener against Manchester City on Monday night in a 1-1 draw , Man City are one of England's top 4 sides so I don't get this cr@p about he only scores against weaker sides

I recall the ugly tackle on Vickers at St Andrews in our very first season in the PL but he was a raw and over eager teenager (just 17) then but went on to win just about everything the game offers , there have been scores of much worse challenges than that ever since

Perhaps people like Jack Storer could take a lesson from him ....try and mature a bit and the world could be your oyster

Rooney has been of England's few truly world class players over the last decade or so.....Great memories of some of the quite excellent goals he has scored and he has won just about every major trophy out there too both domestically and in Europe .....never understood the vicious criticism he often gets

I liked this headline from The Telegraph

Wayne Rooney, last of the great English footballers, an appreciation

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/22/wayne-rooney-last-great-english-footballers-appreciation/

**thumbup
Edited by PartisanBCFC, Aug 24 2017, 03:52 PM.

canadian brummie
Malcom Page
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I agree. I just never understand why there were so many haters. Most premier league players can only dream of accomplishing what he has. :applause:

Coorslite
Member Avatar
Frank Worthington
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
He just got done for Drinking and driving in Cheshire. There's another Red Card :redcard:

lowdham bluenose
Joe Bradford
Coorslite
Sep 1 2017, 05:34 PM
He just got done for Drinking and driving in Cheshire. There's another Red Card :redcard:
:LMAO:

What a Grade 1 t.wat he is.

I am a hater with all justification.

He's over-hyped
He's a flat track bully
He never performs on the big stage
He's ugly
He's got a horrible accent
He cannot string two sentences together
He loves granny aged prostitutes
He loves to drink and drive whilst taking a drunken woman home in her car in the opposite direction to his house, meanwhile his wife is away on hols.

He really is a prize .c.n.ut

Edited by lowdham bluenose, Sep 2 2017, 08:28 PM.

pooley
The Icon
lowdham bluenose
Jul 11 2017, 09:01 AM

And Man City, Liverpool, arsenal...y'know, little teams

PartisanBCFC
Member Avatar
Jack Wiseman
What an absolute stunning goal by Wayne scored v West Ham, one of a hat trick.....he actually belted it from inside his own half and kept the ball quite low

Still a world class player .....but of course, it was only against strugglers like West Ham...... :LMAO: :LMAO:

Was it the best in PL History ??

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/30/wayne-rooney-halfway-line-goal-best-premier-league

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCwK33bielg

**thumbup
Edited by PartisanBCFC, Nov 30 2017, 08:57 PM.

PartisanBCFC
Member Avatar
Jack Wiseman
lowdham bluenose
Sep 2 2017, 08:27 PM

I am a hater with all justification.

Nah ! you're just a hater ......you'd fit right into the current White House, there might be another opening soon

**thumbup
Edited by PartisanBCFC, Nov 30 2017, 09:08 PM.

canadian brummie
Malcom Page
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
PartisanBCFC
Nov 30 2017, 08:54 PM
What an absolute stunning goal by Wayne scored v West Ham, one of a hat trick.....he actually belted it from inside his own half and kept the ball quite low

Still a world class player .....but of course, it was only against strugglers like West Ham...... :LMAO: :LMAO:

Was it the best in PL History ??

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/30/wayne-rooney-halfway-line-goal-best-premier-league

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCwK33bielg

**thumbup
It was a great goal for sure. The best? I'm not sure. I am pleased for him, given all the unnecessary abuse he has taken.

P.S. I'm also very happy I live north of the border. :dancer:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · Non-Blues Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Forum Design by Hirsty.