Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to bcfcforum.co.uk. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Marc Roberts; Defence
Topic Started: Oct 1 2017, 07:59 PM (1,515 Views)
Jim Blake
Paul Devlin
[ *  * ]
How can a player from last seasons Championship select team not be chosen ahead of Harlee Dean?
The latter cannot head the ball and in common with the rest of our defence seems to be incapable of clearing the ball more than 10 yards or slicing it out for a throw in.
None of them can reach the halfway line with a clearance from our penalty area and yesterday several attempts actually went backwards!
Michael Dawson of Hull showed them how to do it several times but the message didn't sink in.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bluesfanCA
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Harlee Dean is easily our worst player

DEdblue
Paul Tait
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
bluesfanCA
Oct 1 2017, 09:00 PM
Harlee Dean is easily our worst player
Not true, he is second to N'Doye...

olim911
Member Avatar
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I don't understand why we sold Shotton if Flint wasn't on the cards, to me there's no difference in Dean.

Massive cock up having players who aren't comfortable on the left side

bluesfanCA
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
most the people banging on n'doye don't actually watch the games.

he's exactly what he was in preseason. i pointed out then that he wasn't any good, and others posters gave me !"£$.

he's a soft "bigman"

but he still wins every header. his passing has gotten better. he just isn't talented enough for this level of competition.

but he isn't our worst player, dean is garbage

blue ruin
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Funny how the fans know these players are useless and yet the football "experts" buy them and play them ahead of better players.

DEdblue
Paul Tait
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
blue ruin
Oct 2 2017, 06:45 AM
Funny how the fans know these players are useless and yet the football "experts" buy them and play them ahead of better players.
remember an 'Expert' is a "has been drip"........
experts, we are all experts when it comes to football, I watch it every week the same as everyone else....

DEdblue
Paul Tait
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Just watched the highlights again, I notice the first 4 goals come from a defensive error....no 5 was a well worked goal from Hull then the 6th again error...also every chance they had in the first half was again errors.........saw how poor Dean was again, in fact so poor it is a joke....
Can only see relegation for us from that lot, never before in the clubs history have we spent £23,00Mi££ion and we have nothing to show for it...Isaac only

Paul Tait's Tee-Shirt
Paul Tait's Tee Shirt
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Given that Cotterill watched the Hull debacle I can see Roberts back on Friday, hopefully in place of Dean
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

willvbcfc
Member Avatar
Gil Merrick
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Paul Tait's Tee-Shirt
Oct 9 2017, 11:01 AM
Given that Cotterill watched the Hull debacle I can see Roberts back on Friday, hopefully in place of Dean
I'd personally give Roberts and Dean the nod. We don't know what they're like as a pair yet and it can't be any worse than the last game.

terminator666
Member Avatar
Trevor Francis
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Dident the Brentford fans rate Dean and were disappointed to lose him?

Worcester Blue
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Good to see Dan Scarr getting good reviews at Wycombe

He may be needed soon the way our defence is performing

Blacksmith
Member Avatar
Jeff Hall
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
terminator666
Oct 9 2017, 03:38 PM
Dident the Brentford fans rate Dean and were disappointed to lose him?
Yes. He can't suddenly go to one of the best centre halves in the division to someone who is a poor player. The chopping and changing hasn't helped him, Roberts and Morrison.

BorisBlue
Member Avatar
Frank Worthington
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Roberts does make a mistake as Shotton did but at least he was trying in the games I've seen him play. i'd bring him back in because Morrison has been very poor.

Colin, Roberts, Dean, Grounds would be my back 4 v Cardiff on Friday.

Blacksmith
Member Avatar
Jeff Hall
That's the back four I'd choose as well. **thumbup

KennyBurns
Member Avatar
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
To be fair Roberts didn't impress me either when he played earlier in the season. It was cited that one of the reasons was he also wasn't comfortable on the left side of central defence. Just my opinion but I always find players' stock always seems to rise when they're not playing. I'm not so sure Marc Roberts will be any great improvement at the moment.

Coorslite
Member Avatar
Frank Worthington
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I don't understand this, not happy playing the left CB role. They are professional football players, they should be good off both feet. I was and I am not a professional player. Just my opinion.

Blacksmith
Member Avatar
Jeff Hall
The trouble is, none of our three centre halves have looked at all comfortable playing on the left.

Worcester Blue
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]

At the moment, both Roberts and Dean are looking like duff signings

You've got to ask the question why did we need to sign both instead of just one of them plus AN Other who we definitely knew played on the left?

Blacksmith
Member Avatar
Jeff Hall
I think they will both prove to be good players. They came with excellent reputations as being amongst the best centre halves in the division and they don't suddenly become poor. I think it is more to do with the general malaise in the team.

However, that said, I agree with you that we should only have signed one of them and the other should have been left footed to replace Shotton.
Edited by Blacksmith, Oct 12 2017, 04:59 PM.

Blacksmith
Member Avatar
Jeff Hall
Harry was after Bristol City's central defender, Aden Flint, but I'm not sure if he is a left sided player or another right sided one.

If he is left sided perhaps Cotterill will try for him again in January, particularly as Cotterill used to be Flint's manager at Bristol.

BorisBlue
Member Avatar
Frank Worthington
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The problem is when Morrison is playing so poorly and keeps getting in the starting line-up you have to make a change.

Cotterill has to stand up to these bad eggs and choose HIS team.

I'm not impressed so far with Roberts but what I've seen of him he did make an effort unlike like several of the others.

mezz20
Member Avatar
Paul Tait
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Why do people bang on about "Why did we let Shotton go"? Last time I checked he wanted out and thats why he left.......

Plus Dean hasn't been terrible, our midfield up till now have offered little or no cover and left the 2 main CB's far too exposed!

KennyBurns
Member Avatar
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I have to say that was the best I've seen Roberts play last night. Headed everything, kept it simple. Really solid (as we were all night at the back, especially defending set-pieces 👍)
Edited by KennyBurns, Oct 14 2017, 09:30 AM.

jmsblues
Member Avatar
Alex Govan
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brilliant performance last night! One thing though why did we not use he’s long throws into the box on a few occasions we could of, I think it can be a very useful weapon in games. Anyways though imo we need to stick with that back 4 we looked very solid!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Blues Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Forum Design by Hirsty.