Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to bcfcforum.co.uk. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Cotterill
Topic Started: Dec 4 2017, 09:39 PM (2,391 Views)
bluesfanCA
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Is the worst manager we've had recently, and the past 5 have been sacked...

GET RID NOW.

We'll be relegated for sure if he is still BCFC Manager come January 1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

beegeeblueboy
Member Avatar
Malcom Page
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
His sabre rattling to the factions is clearly not working. Go now.

Stewart91
Jose Dominguez
[ *  *  * ]
Problem is, we can't keep changing managers. need to give him Jan at least

DEdblue
Paul Tait
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
yes I would say give him a chance but, do you know he is rubbish, out of his depth by a long way...however what would be the alternative?

elvis ok
Member Avatar
Malcom Page
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Dunno :angel:

Although I'm like a supporter of the 'In-situ' manager over the years...two things have aroused me senses on SC.

The off-hand comment that "We will never be big scorers"..... the obvious reply from any fan is...WHY?
Gonna grind out draws, 0-0s etc....? ? ?

And the similarity to Steve Bruce
But, without his connections and dosh like :angel:

In our Bruce-era...remember the complaints, the critiscisms on THIS FORUM about SB?

Calls for a Godfather or Football Director to control him, advise him and suchlike....Bobby Robson was the favourite candidate to control SB's ego and stubborness...(you can look it up by going to back pages) **thumbup

STUBBORNESS...or CEMENTED EGO...?

SC is showing signs of the closed mind of Brucie... imo like !

Neither are intelectual footie managers.... both insist on fitness before tactics.... both have huge ego's above their station, in that they are always correct and never have self-doubt.

They Never admit mistakes. :angel:

I'm still at the support level I had of Zola/Clark / Redknapp etc....

BUT---I'm worried earlier with SC...

I think it's the STUBBORNESS that he is right on everything.

Plays Jota...subs him tonight at halftime...after reaching out to the media about Jota's acclimatisation to the Championship being a problem.... Jota didn't have a problem last season in this league ???

That worries me... it's Brucie at his worst... **thumbup

I've never ever slagged off a player or a manager like..... and THIS POST
is not a slag on SC.

Just that I'm weary of SC, faster than I've ever been before about a manager...geez...I was trying to support Lee C when he thought synchronised swimming was a key to coaching.

:D

colinp
Martin Taylor
[ *  * ]
Don't like to keep sacking managers but I think Cottrill is going to take us down if we keep him

AlbertT
Mick Harford
[ * ]
Trouble is with sacking him these clueless owners would manage to find someone even worse to take over.

bluesfanCA
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I said it when it happened, sacking Rowett would curse this club.

who gives a !"£$ about continually sacking managers. it's not working, sack 2 in a month if you have to, just find the right one. we've seen Cotterill for a couple months, we know he isn't capabale of managing a winning side. why hold onto a lost cause?

wardendblue
Olivier Tebily
[ *  *  * ]
Iím not one for sacking managers without giving them time bout the games heís had since heís been here our forward play has been nonexistent and we are getting more and more toothless we only got a draw with Sheff United due to a screamer from Boga and the Cardiff win due to a solo goal from Adams . Apart from that we had no others chances at all and tonight was shocking going forward pathetic. Get rid now before we are cut adrift

jmsblues
Member Avatar
Alex Govan
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I was all for giving him more time as we need some stability but heís persistence with playing NíDoye who just simply cannot pass a ball and than dropping Che (our best striker easily) for Juke who is just not good enough and some other baffling decisions has got my patience wearing thin.

NomadBluenose
Jose Dominguez
[ *  *  * ]
Cotterill OUT. Carsley till the end of the season.. at least weíll go down fighting.

bcfcfox
James McFadden
[ *  * ]
Does everyone really believe that if a new manager comes in its going to turn the players we have into superstars and we will rocket up this leauge? Now that is the real joke.

You guys blaming Cotterill for all these bad signings from Redknapp and his ideas on having a light pre season. We have had no financial backing since we left the Prem and it was never going to be fixed in one transfer market.

I am not happy where the club is but i am going to give the owners and managers the time they deserve, Seriously what really good manager is going to want to tarnish their reputation on a team that is so far behind everyone else in the league?

NomadBluenose
Jose Dominguez
[ *  *  * ]
bcfcfox
Dec 5 2017, 04:21 AM
Does everyone really believe that if a new manager comes in its going to turn the players we have into superstars and we will rocket up this leauge? Now that is the real joke.
Do you not remember the impact Rowett had on the squad after he was appointed? The circumstances in which he took over were arguably much worse than now.

I completely blame our current position on the horrific managerial appointments made by these owners. Rowettís sacking could have been justified had they not replaced him with the Italian clown.

Zola is just awful.
Redknapp was never fully committed - always got the impression this was a hobby for him and he was never going to be in it for the long haul. Should have left on a high after the Bristol City game.
Cotterill is also awful with a proven track record of failure at this level.

So yes, if we finally get the next appointment right I can definitely see us moving up the league.

bluesfanCA
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
bcfcfox
Dec 5 2017, 04:21 AM

You guys blaming Cotterill for all these bad signings from Redknapp and his ideas on having a light pre season. We have had no financial backing since we left the Prem and it was never going to be fixed in one transfer market.

I am not happy where the club is but i am going to give the owners and managers the time they deserve, Seriously what really good manager is going to want to tarnish their reputation on a team that is so far behind everyone else in the league?
I'd argue we have a top 10 side on paper.

Managing/coaching/game-planning has always been, and still is, our biggest problem.

scudwalker
Chief
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
NomadBluenose
Dec 5 2017, 03:07 AM
Cotterill OUT. Carsley till the end of the season.. at least weíll go down fighting.
I am going to stick my neck out here and say if Carsley takes over we will be down by Easter.

Sorry guys just don't see him as the catch net to save us.

Cotterill needs a good season to get himself anywhere near being a manger that can make a positive difference and he does not have that luxury.

We need to rip up the rule book and start again.

Jota lightweight not interested

Juka I have seen faster snails

NSUE get rid useless

Grounds made a mistake last night that cost us the draw but then we are all human.

blue1973
Olivier Tebily
[ *  *  * ]
I have to say I feel Cotterill is clueless. Tony Pulis is available and has a proven track record of getting teams out of trouble.

Trouble is, we have owners who are cluessless when it comes to recruitment. I feel sorry for them. They have spent money and got nothing in return.
Edited by blue1973, Dec 5 2017, 06:50 AM.

Blacksmith
Member Avatar
Jeff Hall
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It is more down to two very poor transfer windows when we wasted money on a shopping trolley full of average players instead of buying just a few really good ones. Cotterill has inherited a really large squad, but they are not very good. Heís picking up the mess left to him because of poor decisions.

As for not playing Adams, heís explained before that he needs nursing back into the game to allow him to fully overcome his hamstring injury and to make sure he doesnít get a third one in just a few months. It makes common sense to not play him for a full 90 minutes. Itís just a shame that we havenít got Vassell to call on either.

Last night was down to individual errors for the goal. Apart from that we held a team far superior to us, is riding high at the top of the league and has scored more goals than any other team. Our battling qualities in that second half made them take off a forward for a holding midfield player.

But, and it is a big but, we have no player who possesses the quality to change games, so if we go a goal behind we are stymied.

willvbcfc
Member Avatar
Gil Merrick
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
blue1973
Dec 5 2017, 06:49 AM
I feel sorry for them. They have spent money and got nothing in return.
Feel sorry for them?

Our Carson Young 2.0 owner and his faceless henchmen have sanctioned a string of pathetically naÔve decisions over the last 12 months and theyíre getting all they deserve for them.

I wouldnít be surprised if they sacked Cotterill by the end of the month if we donít put some wins together.

But then I have zero confidence theyíll make the right move to replace him.

Anyway by then, the EFL may have demanded definitive answers to our ownership and itíll transpire Mr.King actually canít actually bankroll any sort of January window spending - or any of the financial commitments heís made already.

And then weíll really be in the ****, freefalling into oblivion.

With or without Steve Cotterill.

tevets
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
blue1973
Dec 5 2017, 06:49 AM
I have to say I feel Cotterill is clueless. Tony Pulis is available and has a proven track record of getting teams out of trouble.

Trouble is, we have owners who are cluessless when it comes to recruitment. I feel sorry for them. They have spent money and got nothing in return.
I am not one to keep wanting to change managers but I would welcome Pulis in a heart beat. He would be the ideal type of manager for the situation we are in.

Blacksmith
Member Avatar
Jeff Hall
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
No matter which manager we have in with this bunch of misfits it will be very, very difficult. Too many mistakes have been made in the last 12 months and we have wasted money. Whoever comes in now would still have an oversized squad of mediocre ability and which is desperately short of quality in vital areas.

No matter how good a manager is at motivation, it is a huge task to turn cart horses into Grand National winners. So, would Pulis do any better? He, just like Cotterill, would need a transfer window to try and improve the squad and would end up with even more players unless he could unload some.

Rowett wasn't given a transfer window, even though he had laid out his plans of what he wanted to do.
Both Zola and Redknapp were given transfer windows, but wasted the money.
Cotterill hasn't been given a transfer window to see if he can bring in the players he knows we need, and I feel that, just like Rowett, he should be given that chance instead of having to rely solely on players brought in by four previous managers.

BlueBrummie
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
This all goes back to Rowett being sacked, one of the most ridiculous decisions I can ever remember at the club, Cotterill needs to go but no idea who to replace him.

R Kid
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Redknapp should never have been sacked. Cotts was the worst appointment. I'd have taken Giggs or McLaren every day over SC.

Worcester Blue
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm afraid Cotterill isn't the man but I don't think getting rid will do us any good either

We are firmly stuck between a rock and a hard place, it's a real mess and the club is rotten to the core

beegeeblueboy
Member Avatar
Malcom Page
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Does anyone here think we are not going down? Iím convinced of it so a new manager canít be worse.

clapton bluenose
Alex Govan
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Blacksmith
Dec 5 2017, 07:55 AM
It is more down to two very poor transfer windows when we wasted money on a shopping trolley full of average players instead of buying just a few really good ones. Cotterill has inherited a really large squad, but they are not very good. Heís picking up the mess left to him because of poor decisions.

As for not playing Adams, heís explained before that he needs nursing back into the game to allow him to fully overcome his hamstring injury and to make sure he doesnít get a third one in just a few months. It makes common sense to not play him for a full 90 minutes. Itís just a shame that we havenít got Vassell to call on either.

Last night was down to individual errors for the goal. Apart from that we held a team far superior to us, is riding high at the top of the league and has scored more goals than any other team. Our battling qualities in that second half made them take off a forward for a holding midfield player.

But, and it is a big but, we have no player who possesses the quality to change games, so if we go a goal behind we are stymied.
The only thing I disagree with in your post is your conclusion on the players bought being average. Every single player bought in on permanent deals were all rated by the fans of the club they left. I would say that is a far more accurate measure of their ability than what we have seen so far.

Itís also becoming common knowledge that any decent player coming to blues is transformed into pale shadow of the player we thought we were getting.

Jota, Dean, Roberts....Have all gone backwards to some degree since leaving their previous clubs.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Blues Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Forum Design by Hirsty.