Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to bcfcforum.co.uk. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Our West Midlands Neigbours; A mixed bag of fortunes to compare to ours
Topic Started: Dec 30 2017, 09:47 PM (756 Views)
PartisanBCFC
Member Avatar
Jack Wiseman
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Taking a look at all of our rivals from the region

Dingles , you have to admit they look dead certs for automatic promotion to the Premier League , they lost a man early at 2nd place and in form Bristol City who then were also reduced to 10 men , Wolves scored a stoppage time goal to win 2-1 and extend their lead to 10 points , have to admit their manager Nuno has done a fantastic job at Molineux .....thankfully we don't have to go to their place until mid April and I reckon they will be already virtually promoted by then

Oh ! and Derby went 2nd today with another victory ......Gary Rowett ?? got to give him credit , eh ! surely he must be secretly having a quiet chuckle at our demise

Baggies .....can't see anything but a loss for Albion at home to Arsenal tomorrow , that will mean they will go into the New Year bottom of the PL ....even a point will only lift them to 19th.....Pardew has a Hell of a task but Albion usually have the spirit to make a fight of it....they still have a decent squad and pulled off a miracle escape back in 2005 when they were bottom at Christmas, that's usually the death knell most seasons , it's actually very tight near the bottom of the PL with 10 of the 20 clubs still not out of danger yet ...in fact only 6 points separate 11th place Huddersfield and the RZ and even 10th placed Watford are only 7 points above safety as of today....I predict this season will be one of the most intense Premier League relegation battles in recent times .....so much rides on safety for all of these teams especially from the standpoint of finace and so much can be lost with a sudden loss of form .....how I wish we could be back up there soon (like all Blue Noses the world over)

Would love it if Stoke, Newcastle and Wet Spam all came down with a thud

Back to Albion and one of their 'Throstle' mascots, only 42 years old , died on Boxing Day and had worked for WBA since he was 14.....Sad story

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-42502430

Vile...In typical Steve Bruce fashion, they grind out another 1-0 win up at Boro where Pulis was in charge for the first time and the home side were 6th before kick off, I find the recent sacking of Gary Monk still puzzling...certainly a 'GR ' style ring to that

Vile almost squeezed in to the Play Off zone but remain 7th just behind Sheff Utd on less goals scored ....Personally I still reckon they will blow it and Bruce will get the chop before the end of the campaign ....we go to B6 in February and hopefully we'll have some new additions by then ....spurred on by our pitiful 2,000 allocation .....But they're not exactly setting this League on fire are they ?? as their deluded fan base usually like to claim they will

I think their home game against Bristol City on Monday will be a true benchmark for their real credentials , Vile also have some major injury absentees as we ourselves do as well

Coventry City ......Bloomin' heck....Coventry were a top flight side for 30 odd years and won one of the best FA Cup Finals ever during the late 80's , they have an attractive stadium with a 36,000 capacity , well when they pay the rent anyway as they had to play down the road at Northampton for a while.....How they have fallen over the last few years ....They are in a League 2 Play off spot but are 10 points behind leaders Luton, another famous side who were regularly in the top flight 25 years or more ago and even won the League Cup with one of our old legends Micky Harford leading the line....they recently returned to the Football League

Coventry are still the 'local' warning sign to us though......terrible owners and their long suffering fans have had their faces rubbed in it for too many years now ....it's a modern era tragedy what has happened to them and the likes of Blackpool, Pompey and Charlton too....I hope they go up though

Walsall......still plodding away in mid table in League One .....Of course I am praying we don't have to meet them next season....in the League anyway

OK......thoughts please, who do you think will go up and come down and then move to Football chat next week , Mods

**thumbup
Edited by PartisanBCFC, Dec 30 2017, 10:26 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

clapton bluenose
Alex Govan
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I suppose the regions jinx on having all our top sides in the top flight is set to continue for some time. I think the baggies will drop but replaced by the dingles and vile.

Walsall great little club that still holds affection for the likes of Martin O’connor, he’s on fb and he wasn’t very happy with what he saw several weeks back. At first I thought he was talking about blues only to realise after reading the comments it was indeed Walsall. Hopefully they should stay up.

Coventry another great club whose scouting network all throughout Warwickshire, Worcestershire and Birmingham for years was outstanding. I never got why they left Highfield Road tbh. It was a lovely ground and one of the first to go all seated. Another season at the same level for me.

I will include Solihull into the equation, they just about survived relegation from the conference last season. I was expecting big things from them possibly because I rated Liam McDonald their manager at the time to push them towards league status. Alas the level proved to be too high for him or possibly the budget he had to work with wasn’t big enough.

The money in non league footy is getting silly these days and for sure if Solihull are serious on getting into the league they will need to offer approx £40,000 plus contracts to the average players in the squad; More to their top players.

Edited by clapton bluenose, Jan 2 2018, 07:21 AM.

PartisanBCFC
Member Avatar
Jack Wiseman
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
In my OP, I suggested a Villa victory v Bristol City would bolster the credentials for Vile but I felt Monday's result was more a bad at the office for Bristol City than an explicit message of intent by Vile , still reckon Wolves will run away with the title but all of the other spots are up for grabs

It's very tight for the Play Off spots and once we get into March, the field should be narrowed down a bit, two dark horses just outside the zone right now are Preston and Fulham and Middlesbrough will be buoyed by the arrival of Pulis

Derby and Leeds have to remain good bets for 2nd spot or at least a Play off spot , Cardiff have been faltering of late, as have newly promoted surprise package Sheffield United

KRO

Edited by PartisanBCFC, Jan 3 2018, 03:19 AM.

pooley
The Icon
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
PartisanBCFC
Jan 3 2018, 03:18 AM
In my OP, I suggested a Villa victory v Bristol City would bolster the credentials for Vile but I felt Monday's result was more a bad at the office for Bristol City than an explicit message of intent by Vile , still reckon Wolves will run away with the title but all of the other spots are up for grabs

It's very tight for the Play Off spots and once we get into March, the field should be narrowed down a bit, two dark horses just outside the zone right now are Preston and Fulham and Middlesbrough will be buoyed by the arrival of Pulis

Derby and Leeds have to remain good bets for 2nd spot or at least a Play off spot , Cardiff have been faltering of late, as have newly promoted surprise package Sheffield United

KRO

how bold to predict wolves will run away with the title when they're 12 points clear at the top

Venoms_Gold
Ian Bennett
[ *  *  *  * ]
PartisanBCFC

KRO

I think Fulham could be dark horses. As for the Boggies they are an embarrassment to be representing the midlands local area. Its funny but the reality is both Wolves and West Brom could be swapping leagues next season.

Its a sad state of affairs the way midland football is at the moment. Only Wolves look like having a positive future.

Paul Tait's Tee-Shirt
Paul Tait's Tee Shirt
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Venoms_Gold
Jan 4 2018, 11:28 AM
PartisanBCFC

KRO

I think Fulham could be dark horses. As for the Boggies they are an embarrassment to be representing the midlands local area. Its funny but the reality is both Wolves and West Brom could be swapping leagues next season.

Its a sad state of affairs the way midland football is at the moment. Only Wolves look like having a positive future.
How are the baggies an embarrassment to the local area ?

They are premier league. I don't think that's anything to be embarrassed about.

canadian brummie
Malcom Page
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Paul Tait's Tee-Shirt
Jan 5 2018, 04:09 PM
Venoms_Gold
PartisanBCFC

KRO

Agree, the baggies have been the best performing team in the West Midlands over the past 3 or 4 years. Having said that. I think their time has come. Championship team next year. Hopefully with us.

Blacksmith
Member Avatar
Jeff Hall
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Don't you think we'll get promoted? :rolleyes:

Saint Andrew
Peter Enckelman
[ *  *  * ]
Blacksmith
Jan 6 2018, 12:10 PM
Too early to predict ;)

ChicagoBlues
Ian Bennett
[ *  *  *  * ]
Blacksmith
Jan 6 2018, 12:10 PM
At this point in the season, I have come to realize that top 2 is not realistic. However, anything less than playoff spots is unacceptable now.

Venoms_Gold
Ian Bennett
[ *  *  *  * ]
Paul Tait's Tee-Shirt
Jan 5 2018, 04:09 PM
Venoms_Gold
PartisanBCFC

KRO

Have you seen how pulis had them setup? A dreadful team. Wolves are better than them

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Non-Blues Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Forum Design by Hirsty.