Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to bcfcforum.co.uk. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
*** Blues v Millwall - Match Chat ***
Topic Started: Feb 12 2018, 08:16 AM (6,147 Views)
Blacksmith
Member Avatar
Jeff Hall
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This is a match we need to win to get us back on track for climbing up the table.

Ndoye is suspended and I wouldn't be surprised to see Davis miss out, because he really seemed to be struggling after his injury on Sunday.

Is this time to give Adams a full match in the number 10 role?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

antoinette
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Adams and Gardner have to play

KennyBurns
Member Avatar
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Time to get back on the horse again. Yesterday worried me as it was almost like we had regressed back to before the good run in terms of little creativity. Ndoye being out won’t affect us and I hope Gardner can improve the composure in midfield.

bluenoseboris
Paul Tait
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
antoinette
Feb 12 2018, 09:44 AM
Adams and Gardner have to play
Totally agree
Time to play much more further up the field
Adams and Gallagher upfront
Jota and Craig in mid
Go for them from the off
Get the goal before they do
And WIN

Paul Tait's Tee-Shirt
Paul Tait's Tee Shirt
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
KennyBurns
Feb 12 2018, 09:56 AM
Time to get back on the horse again. Yesterday worried me as it was almost like we had regressed back to before the good run in terms of little creativity. Ndoye being out won’t affect us and I hope Gardner can improve the composure in midfield.
I agree. This game is a massive indicator as to whether we can return to the pre-Vile decent form or whether we have reverted back to the Pre-Leeds dross. If it's the latter, League one awaits.

Millwall is not an easy game. This and Barnsley the following week are vital.

scudwalker
Chief
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I tend to agree with many on the vile thread that SC played us differently to how he has played for the recent games where we have shown how good we can be against opposition of a similar caliber.

Saturday I expect a return to that in your face battling Blues with Maggie doing his thing again.

Also agree Gardner and Adams need to start Jota on the bench for something different. Sort of missing Gleeson now for that back up position on the bench.

BorisBlue
Member Avatar
Frank Worthington
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Start Adams and Gardner in place of N'Doye and Davis.

Don't sit so deep, play up the field and give Gallagher some support.

Bramall at Left Back Colin at Right Back - square pegs in square holes.

Cotterill needs to motivate the players to get in their faces and battle which we didn't do v the vile. If it's not working don't wait until the 80th minute to make a substitution.

Above all he needs to be positive set us up to WIN the game and not be so negative.

archiesbluedad
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
BorisBlue
Feb 12 2018, 06:33 PM
Start Adams and Gardner in place of N'Doye and Davis.

Don't sit so deep, play up the field and give Gallagher some support.

Bramall at Left Back Colin at Right Back - square pegs in square holes.

Cotterill needs to motivate the players to get in their faces and battle which we didn't do v the vile. If it's not working don't wait until the 80th minute to make a substitution.

Above all he needs to be positive set us up to WIN the game and not be so negative.

This would be my team for Millwall fitness permitting;

..............Stockdale.............

Colin.....Roberts...Dean...Brammall

...............Gardner..Davis.....

....Maggs..........Jota........Boga.........

....................Gallagher

We need to take the game to Millwall this is probably our best available side. No Kieftenbeld as he looks jaded to me Gardner and Davis to be the sitters and let the 4 in front do the attacking with full backs in there natural position think we will have better balance defensively. Fancy us to bounce back but it will be a tough game 2-1. Blues

Blacksmith
Member Avatar
Jeff Hall
I think if Bramall is to play it needs to be in a back five as a wing back. I don't think he's a good enough defender to be in a back four and would go missing too often. But we know he can be good on the wing and can deliver decent crosses.

Used properly, wing backs will work and will be able to help out with the attack because there are three central defenders protecting them.

Stockdale
Colin, Roberts, Morrison, Dean, Bramall
Kieftenbeld (or Gardner)
Maghoma, Adams, Boga
Gallagher

The problem with that line up is that it's got creative, attacking players but would lack physical strength in midfield which is why I've put Kieftenbeld or Gardner as a holding midfielder.

I just feel there are goals in that team.

antoinette
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Stockdale
Colin, Roberts, Dean, Bramall
Kieftenbeld, Gardner,
Jota, Adams, Boga
Gallagher

Subs: Jacques Maghoma, David Davis, Michael Morrison, Jason Lowe, Lukas Jutkiewicz, Connal Trueman, Carl Jenkinson,

1-0
:dancer:
Edited by antoinette, Feb 13 2018, 09:49 AM.

KennyBurns
Member Avatar
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
It’s quite interesting hearing SC say that Bramall might struggle in a ‘back four’ when in November he said that Gallagher would be more effective ‘out wide’ 😳

Blacksmith
Member Avatar
Jeff Hall
I agree with him. He’s a wing back rather than a full back and has looked weak when defending. He would get targeted by the opposition as our weak link.
Edited by Blacksmith, Feb 13 2018, 10:46 AM.

Paul Tait's Tee-Shirt
Paul Tait's Tee Shirt
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Blacksmith
Feb 13 2018, 10:45 AM
I agree with him. He’s a wing back rather than a full back and has looked weak when defending. He would get targeted by the opposition as our weak link.
The weak link is suspended for the Millwall game **thumbup

BLUE KID
Member Avatar
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Stockdale / Kuszczak

Jenkinson Roberts Dean Colin

Lowe Davis

Adams Jota Boga

Gallagher

canadian brummie
Malcom Page
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Blacksmith
Feb 13 2018, 09:11 AM
I think if Bramall is to play it needs to be in a back five as a wing back. I don't think he's a good enough defender to be in a back four and would go missing too often. But we know he can be good on the wing and can deliver decent crosses.

Used properly, wing backs will work and will be able to help out with the attack because there are three central defenders protecting them.

Stockdale
Colin, Roberts, Morrison, Dean, Bramall
Kieftenbeld (or Gardner)
Maghoma, Adams, Boga
Gallagher

The problem with that line up is that it's got creative, attacking players but would lack physical strength in midfield which is why I've put Kieftenbeld or Gardner as a holding midfielder.

I just feel there are goals in that team.
Like 3 at the back. My only change would be Jota for Maghoma. We have to start getting him more involved. We know he is capable. Along side Adams it SHOULD give us a bit more of a creative touch. *fingerscrossed*

BRUMYUM
Bob Hatton
[ *  *  *  * ]
Gardner is a must simples

Worcester Blue
Frank Worthington
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
No room for Jota and Boga

clapton bluenose
Alex Govan
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Stockdale
Jenkinson
Roberts
Dean
Colin

Gardner
Davies
Lowe

Jota
Boga
Gallagher

Edited by clapton bluenose, Feb 14 2018, 08:29 AM.

scudwalker
Chief
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jota is too much of a lightweight for this game. He will get battered. Abit like Grealish did at the weekend

elvis ok
Member Avatar
Malcom Page
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
This match is more to do with Steve C's management
than formations.

The latter has often been based on 'sports science' ~ imo.

I hesitate to use the terms, vision and man-management, yet

~ for Millwall, Brentford and Barnsley

~ it is what is needed.

clapton bluenose
Alex Govan
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
scudwalker
Feb 14 2018, 09:03 AM
Jota is too much of a lightweight for this game. He will get battered. Abit like Grealish did at the weekend
Scuds Jota will be fine we are at home.

antoinette
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
clapton bluenose
Feb 14 2018, 10:35 AM
scudwalker
Scuds Jota will be fine we are at home.
Jota needs to be worked, to get used to playing with his fellow players and another to score goals, that is what we paid 6M for

abblue
Frank Worthington
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
scudwalker
If he has as much impact as Grealish did, I won't complain !

westsussexbluenose
Garry Pendrey
[ *  *  *  * ]
the footballing gods will be back on our side this weekend, unfortunately Mrs WSB made me go into the loft and put more useless never to be seen again items in yet more boxes just before the villa kick off - I did warn her that going in the loft is actually classed as DIY jobs and she made me upset the karma we had built up since I downed tools at weekends.

On a more serious note, this has got to be 3 points and we have to stamp our authority on the game from the word go. I thought we gave the Villa a bit too much respect and we should have pressed more from the off. Millwall deserve no respect and no doubt the bluenoses will be fully behind the team as always, so its upto SC AND the team to make for a very uncomfortable 90 mins for Millwall - 2-1 Blues

krokid
KRO
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Millwall looked fairly good at home to Cardiff last week. Morrison up front for them is a bit of a handful. He rarely misses a header, reads the game very well and seems to always make space for himself. They like to play the ball around on the ground overall. I would say we have the more aggressive type of player, in Davis and Kieftenbeld. Fairly evenly matched teams overall. We probably have the pace on the counter attack to hurt them.

2-1 Blues

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Blues Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Forum Design by Hirsty.