Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to bcfcforum.co.uk. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Who pays for this forum ?; Considering there's no adverts
Topic Started: Feb 20 2018, 09:30 PM (944 Views)
Tony Hancock
Martin Grainger
[ *  *  * ]
Just wondering / interested. It must be costing someone, something ? Many thanks
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bart P. Cozner
Trevor Francis
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The advertisers?

Steve
Member Avatar
Malcom Page
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The forum is free and the admin team keep it up.

We’ve sometimes paid for somethings out of our own pocket, like recently we paid for ad removal. And the bcfcforum.co.uk domain cost is paid for by some of the admin team.

Tony Hancock
Martin Grainger
[ *  *  * ]
Steve
Feb 22 2018, 07:20 PM
The forum is free and the admin team keep it up.

We’ve sometimes paid for somethings out of our own pocket, like recently we paid for ad removal. And the bcfcforum.co.uk domain cost is paid for by some of the admin team.
What nice people. Thank you. I didn't want to say I hadn't seen any adverts, in case it opened a can of worms.

Blacksmith
Member Avatar
Jeff Hall
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It all depends whether you are using ad blocker. If not, the adverts show.

One of the admin paid for ad removal and it lasted for quite a while until we allowed guests to view, as we were requested. Then the ads were back virtually overnight because you pay for no adverts based on a certain number of 'views'. A lot of the 'guests' are just 'tracking bots' if I've got the terminology correct. This made it too expensive for us to keep the forum ad free.

We could remove the facility for guest stars to view the forum, but some people don't want us to do that.

But as Steve says, one of the admin team paid out of his own pocket for us to have the forum domain name.

Tony Hancock
Martin Grainger
[ *  *  * ]
One of the Admin team is top drawer and very modest. I thank him / her.

elvis ok
Member Avatar
Malcom Page
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Would the Admin ever consider a 'Crowd Funding' like for this forum.

Other forums have tried this.

As long as one believes in the status-quo,of the Aminstration 'Crowd-Funding' can contribute ~ perhaps not zillions, but a regular annual respite for our benefactors.

:angel:

Blacksmith
Member Avatar
Jeff Hall
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I will mention it to the admin team, but one of the things we want to do is provide a service for fans without them having to pay for it. **thumbup

I, personally, find some of the adverts offensive and the only way to get rid of them is pay for an ad free forum, but that would be expensive.

Whilst crowd funding is an excellent idea, I don't feel it's something we, as an admin team, could request, but it may be that it is something our membership wants to both remove adverts and keep the forum URL.

elvis ok
Member Avatar
Malcom Page
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Goin mainstrem :angel:

The points and support here...are lost to many members I think

One of me rare 'all days' on Blues like :angel:

elvis ok
Member Avatar
Malcom Page
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
OK :angel:

Can I do a Poll ?

On the Forum's first page?

We shouldn't be beholden to a single/group putting their own dosh into this Forum surviving.

Let everyone contribute ~ why not? :angel:

We can set Agendas....details n the Poll.
We can set Security for current and future Mods.

As I suggested earlier like, it's about taking the burden off individuals, spreading the cost through a "Go-Fund-Me".................. BUT NOT allowing funders to influence nor interfere with our culture.
Our Forum Rules REMAIN

No other Agenda. I'm just trying to HELP to our funder/funders.

:kiss:

Can I do a POLL ? Because I know you Mods cannot do this...I'm not a Mod...nor EVER want to be...it would come better from me or someone like Lowdieman, if such came about

:rolleyes:

elvis ok
Member Avatar
Malcom Page
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Anyone Home ?

BluenoseMo
Johnny Vincent
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think everyone has left the building Elvis. :D :D

Mo
x

elvis ok
Member Avatar
Malcom Page
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'll tell the Singing Choirboy that you just flipped me Right...or is it Left ?

He wouldn't know anyway

So...a guerilla poll ?....Don't answer :kiss:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Questions for Admin · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Forum Design by Hirsty.