Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to bcfcforum.co.uk. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Juke; Humble pie time
Topic Started: Apr 4 2018, 06:21 PM (3,010 Views)
bluebirdy
Member Avatar
birdyblue
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
OK here goes....

I've reined in my posts on these forums lately ......not because I only sing when we're winning (far from it I've been very vocal over the dark times) , but more to the point I've not necessarily agreed with a few on here and got tired of arguments and found the forum and certain players performances was getting me down

One of those players whom I got disenchanted with was Juke. ..

However. ....

I feel that when a player plays well (regardless of how I think he's been part of the season) they deserve the plaudits they've earned......Juke did that last night and showed the kind of grit and determination I expect....and it wasn't just because he scored a goal but ALL round play

Well done
Edited by bluebirdy, Apr 4 2018, 06:41 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Steve
Member Avatar
Malcom Page
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I felt for Juke.

He was fine under GR so he's clearly a decent player, we just didn't have a manger who could get anything out of him... for whatever reason.

The same could be said for Jota, or infact half the team!

willvbcfc
Member Avatar
Gil Merrick
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Not just half the team, Steve, but the whole blummin lot of them!

Thereís now belief in what theyíre doing - from all of the matchday 18 and the youngsters who are being given a chance.

Juke has always been a tireless worker and listening to him he comes across as a very intelligent, thoughtful bloke. Anyone intelligent wouldíve lost faith in Cotterillís methods pretty quickly. Despondency and poor form was a characteristic of many of the players during that management spell!

Glad to have a motivated Juke back!

Luseth
Member Avatar
Garry Pendrey
[ *  *  *  * ]
Credit to you Bluebirdy :)

Juke has had a bad season but then most of the team have. Juke's one of those that has really excelled under Monks short reign though and if i'm honest, I reckon it could be quite exciting having Isaac back to play off him come next season.

antoinette
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Jutkiewicz will come good, he is a team player

lowdham bluenose
Joe Bradford
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have never rated him, not since 18 months ago when I saw him for the first time at Fulham. I just don't rate him, he's a clumsy non goalscorer (relatively speaking). One goal at Bolton on Tuesday night will not make me change my mind, just like a famous 2-2 draw at Bolton a few seasons ago never changed my mind regarding Lee Clark.

Yes it was a great to win on Tuesday night, yes I am excited by it as well but one swallow does not make a summer. I simply don't rate him. But if he's all we got then that shows what a bad way we have been in. If he plays on Saturday he'll get my support, if he scores I'll be out of my seat but I just don't rate him.

If he's here next season excelling and making a great partnership with Vassell then I'll eat your humble pie Bluebirdy.

ps is humble pie a dinner pie or a dessert pie? I need to let Blubirdy know if I want brown sauce or custard with my pie next season.
Edited by lowdham bluenose, Apr 5 2018, 11:54 AM.

abblue
Frank Worthington
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
lowdham bluenose
Apr 5 2018, 09:39 AM

ps is humble pie a dinner pie or a desert pie? I need to let Blubirdy know if I want brown sauce or custard with my pie next season.
Deffo brown sauce - or even gravy.

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/eat-humble-pie.html

bluenoseboris
Paul Tait
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I've been one of his biggest critics on here
still, and as I said after the Ipswich game - he played that very well indeed
then in the next one at Bolton he plays just as well and also scores
seeing as he has not played like that for at least 12 months it makes me wonder why...
if he continues in this vein, and he simply has to because now Adams is out we have
no other striker, then ill be happy to eat my words
im not ready yet to do that - but another 2 or 3 games like the last two, he could just keep us up,
and ill be delighted to do so

bluebirdy
Member Avatar
birdyblue
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Luseth
Apr 5 2018, 07:24 AM
Credit to you Bluebirdy :)

Juke has had a bad season but then most of the team have. Juke's one of those that has really excelled under Monks short reign though and if i'm honest, I reckon it could be quite exciting having Isaac back to play off him come next season.
Thanks lads ladies

I was expecting a bit of a slating for praising Juke cos I've been quite critical of him this season.....however I call as I see.....on a game to game basis juke hasn't been to bad these last few and Bolton was a step up from him

I share a lot of opinions in common with Lowds concerning Juke ( this season in particular ) but have to admit and eat humble pie whenever I'm proven wrong...and Tues night I was proven wrong

KRO

Blacksmith
Member Avatar
Jeff Hall
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've always felt that if you play to Juke's strengths you've got a pretty decent player. He holds the ball up well and lays it off for others. When he has scored goals for us they have tended to be from crosses. Something we've been poor with this season. He's never going to be the sort of players who will get the ball at his feet and charge at the defence before unleashing a shot. We just need our other players to be alert to his knock downs so they can capitalise from them.

He's never going to be a prolific goal scorer, but he can help others to become prolific. **thumbup
Edited by Blacksmith, Apr 6 2018, 09:18 PM.

blue ruin
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
You can always tell when a striker is poor because you will hear the "he holds the ball up well" comment.

He is a poor striker and not what we need and a few good games decent make up for all the woeful ones but having said that he has found a degree of form under Monk and that can only be a good thing but definitely a third choice when Gallagher and Adams are fit and then fourth behind Vassell for me.

backofthenet
Garry Pendrey
[ *  *  *  * ]
blue ruin
Apr 7 2018, 05:26 PM
You can always tell when a striker is poor because you will hear the "he holds the ball up well" comment.

He is a poor striker and not what we need and a few good games decent make up for all the woeful ones but having said that he has found a degree of form under Monk and that can only be a good thing but definitely a third choice when Gallagher and Adams are fit and then fourth behind Vassell for me.
His play has improved beyond recognition in last 3-4 games - he actually distributes the ball well as well as all the other stuff like battling / holding the ball up well etc

oh and he's getting the odd important goal as well :applause:

Blacksmith
Member Avatar
Jeff Hall
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Holding the ball up well is something our other forwards don't do, hence why it always came straight back when Juke wasn't playing. He will make goals for our other players with his unselfish play and his laying off of passes and flick ons. It's up to them to make the most of the opportunities he provides.
Edited by Blacksmith, Apr 7 2018, 05:44 PM.

clapton bluenose
Alex Govan
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
blue ruin

It all depends on how Monk wants to set up his teams tbh.

Bringing Juke back into the team as worked beautifully so much so that I couldnít imagine picking a team with him not in it.

Heís strong intelligent and he can spot a pass.

blue ruin
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
backofthenet
Apr 7 2018, 05:44 PM
blue ruin

His play has improved beyond recognition in last 3-4 games - he actually distributes the ball well as well as all the other stuff like battling / holding the ball up well etc

oh and he's getting the odd important goal as well :applause:
He's a striker his primary role is to score goals that's what strikers are supposed to do. If he's doing that as well as the other stuff fair enough have you not seen our goals for tally and I'm not blaming just him for that but it's goals we need from our Strikers.

blue ruin
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
lowdham bluenose
Apr 5 2018, 09:39 AM
I have never rated him, not since 18 months ago when I saw him for the first time at Fulham. I just don't rate him, he's a clumsy non goalscorer (relatively speaking). One goal at Bolton on Tuesday night will not make me change my mind, just like a famous 2-2 draw at Bolton a few seasons ago never changed my mind regarding Lee Clark.

Yes it was a great to win on Tuesday night, yes I am excited by it as well but one swallow does not make a summer. I simply don't rate him. But if he's all we got then that shows what a bad way we have been in. If he plays on Saturday he'll get my support, if he scores I'll be out of my seat but I just don't rate him.

If he's here next season excelling and making a great partnership with Vassell then I'll eat your humble pie Bluebirdy.

ps is humble pie a dinner pie or a dessert pie? I need to let Blubirdy know if I want brown sauce or custard with my pie next season.
Couldn't agree with you more. His role as a striker is to score goals and he just hasn't got the attributes to do that on a regular basis. Yes he has improved and Monk has done well to get a tune out of him but in a team that has got an embarrassing low goals for tally he is just not the answer.

bluenoseboris
Paul Tait
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Today showed you why he should have no place in our team.
Free header - miss
Another free header - miss
A header in a good position - easy save
Shot from 3 yards - zippo
Shot from 1 yard - zippo
Put through in on goal - fluffed it
Most wasteful Iíve seen from any BCFC forward since
Heskey.
Iíll gladly congratulate him for the goal - again.
But any club of our standing simply canít afford to pay
For strikers who need 8 good chances to get one goal.
Many will feel Iím too hard on him after yet another goal from him
Today and if so I understand that.
But the guy drives me crazy at times with misses anyone should score from.

blue ruin
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
14 goals in 67 appearances works out at under 10 goals a season. Does anyone seriously believe that is an acceptable tally for a Striker in a team with one of the worst goals for tallies in the whole Country?

clapton bluenose
Alex Govan
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Guys your forgetting that his job isnít to be a 20 goal a season striker itís more of a support role to someone who is ie Adams or Vassell.

Letís also not forget he got 13 last season and would certainly be capable of matching that or more with / under a manager like Monk.
Edited by clapton bluenose, Apr 7 2018, 06:40 PM.

blue ruin
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
His role wasn't in a support role today and he had the opportunity to lay down a marker in the absence of Adams and Gallagher. He could only play that role in 2 striker attack which we have only just starting doing most of his games has been as a lone striker.

blue ruin
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
My point is we dropped 2 desperately needed points today against the bottom team that could be the difference between us going down or staying up. I thought generally we played well and were unlucky but in these games you need "everyone" to step up to the mark to secure the 3 points. Look at Bluenoseboris's post and you can clearly see that LJ fluffed his lines yet again. Yes he scored a goal and yes he has improved under Monk but is our lack of goals that has got us into this mess and it's goals that will get us out of it. I just don't think he is what we need.

bluenoseboris
Paul Tait
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
blue ruin
Apr 7 2018, 07:01 PM
My point is we dropped 2 desperately needed points today against the bottom team that could be the difference between us going down or staying up. I thought generally we played well and were unlucky but in these games you need "everyone" to step up to the mark to secure the 3 points. Look at Bluenoseboris's post and you can clearly see that LJ fluffed his lines yet again. Yes he scored a goal and yes he has improved under Monk but is our lack of goals that has got us into this mess and it's goals that will get us out of it. I just don't think he is what we need.
This!
Itís all about the goals
Always was
Always will be
And he simply doesnít score enough
Even when our midfield destroy a team like they did today
And hand him chance after chance
And we are not talking half chances here
👍

mezz20
Member Avatar
Paul Tait
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
If anything Adam's stupid childish tackle has cost us today, Juke does need to score more then again his role is more of a target man and to allow others to play off him. Boga for me waste of space as he usually is

DEdblue
Paul Tait
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
So here am I eating lots of humble pie, not only has he score twice in two games he has played like a giant, he get the flick on's just about every time....works so hard and helps bring more players into the play.........but do a Cotterill and play him as a loan striker and you will have a poor player again................
As for some of the coments here I say do you watch the game? his hard work stands out so much...

Luseth
Member Avatar
Garry Pendrey
[ *  *  *  * ]
blue ruin
Apr 7 2018, 07:01 PM
I don't get it, how is it his fault that we aren't scoring though? Yes he's not scored from a number of chances today but for me there are a number of points here -

A) Who was your alternative choice today then instead of Juke?
B ) Who would have been your choice instead of Juke say last week?
Just a note, we only had 1 fit striker today and we had 2 last week....

C) This season he has started the same number of games as Che Adams (14 each I think? In fact looking at it Adams has played 60 minutes more with sub appearances etc) Both on 3 goals, so really Adams should be getting the same sort of stick....
D) As you have pointed out you need "everyone" to step up to the mark. So why is it all Juke's fault we didn't win today and not say Boga's? There are 10 more players on the pitch....
E) There have always been different styles of strikers just like you have different styles of midfielders.... You can't put them all in the same bracket. Would you compare N Doye with Jota for example? They are both midfielders so should be both creating chances, both breaking up play and both scoring the odd goal then is that right?
F) The idea of a 20 goal a season striker is becoming a myth I think. Last season only 4, I repeat 4 strikers hit that number. All 4 are now in the prem. If we were a team fighting for automatic places then yes we need one, but we haven't been a team of that quality for years and a striker of that calibre does not come cheap

Juke is often used as a scapegoat with Blues fans.
Regardless of what anyone here thinks of him though who was your alternative choice for today's game? Last I knew our other 3 choices were all absent?
Edited by Luseth, Apr 7 2018, 07:55 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Blues Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Forum Design by Hirsty.