Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to bcfcforum.co.uk. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
*** Blues v Sheffield United - Match Chat ***
Topic Started: Apr 15 2018, 08:01 PM (5,919 Views)
Blacksmith
Member Avatar
Jeff Hall
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
We’ve now got the Wolves match out of the way and actually did a lot better than many other teams who have played them as is noticeable by their goal difference of 42, but it is still a defeat and we need to start picking up points again.

Sheffield will be a tough nut to crack because they are still chasing a play off place, but we are the home team and we’ve got to want and go for a win.

Adams will be available, but Dean will be missing, which is a big blow.

However, we’ve got something else, the St Andrews crowd. The noise we made at the final match of last season was deafening and helped us to victory. I’m sure it will be the same again for this match.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

thetoot
Member Avatar
Frank Worthington
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I honestly think we can take Sheffield United in this match. I would maintain that, even if they are chasing a playoff place, their team is no better than ours and we are at home. The way Monk has got us playing, I think a win is definitely possible.

DEdblue
Paul Tait
[ *  *  *  *  * ]

Don't think Adams will give us much, but better than Davis up front...Dean will be a massive miss but, surely Roberts will play his heart out to keep his place.....3 points against Sheff U, a good win for Leeds v Barnsley and we will all be routing for Forest on the Tuesday evening...............
we could be 5 points clear by 10.00 pm Tuesday with two to play for everyone...

bluenoseboris
Paul Tait
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I think we simply have to win
Hopefully Monk feels the same way and goes all out for the win
IF we are going to go down then lets go down the right way and not trying to defend defend defend and hope that Juke somehow manages to get one goal in the 2 or 3 chances that we may be able to give him (at home) when he usually needs 10 chances to get one goal.
So come on Blues, don't be afraid anymore, its past that point now, just go for them from the off and get that win.
I don't want to see Jota anywhere near our box and he should be told to go wherever he likes.
No negative comments from anybody allowed on here!
2-0 to Blues.

antoinette
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
4-4-2: David Stockdale,
Wes Harding, Michael Morrison, Marc Roberts, Maxime Colin,
Jota, Maikel Kieftenbeld, Jason Lowe, Jacques Maghoma,
David Davis, Lukas Jutkiewicz.

Subs: Tomasz Kuszczak, Che Adams, Josh Dacres-Cogley, Cheikh Ndoye, Jonathan Grounds, Craig Gardner, Sam Gallagher,
1-0
:dancer:
Edited by antoinette, Apr 16 2018, 08:57 AM.

Blacksmith
Member Avatar
Jeff Hall
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
We need goals if we are to improve our goal difference compared with Bolton, so I think Adams has to start. Davis has scored goals, but he's not a natural goalscorer.

lowdham bluenose
Joe Bradford
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, I have a ticket this for game...that's three home games in succession for me which has not been done since the great Brucie days.

This game will be difficult, Sheff U are still in the hunt for a play-off. However we should remember that they are in this good position because they got off to a flyer at the beginning of the season, they have come off the boil since.

I don't think I have been to a squeaky bum game in years.

lowdham bluenose
Joe Bradford
DEdblue
Apr 15 2018, 10:14 PM

Don't think Adams will give us much, but better than Davis up front...Dean will be a massive miss but, surely Roberts will play his heart out to keep his place.....3 points against Sheff U, a good win for Leeds v Barnsley and we will all be routing for Forest on the Tuesday evening...............
we could be 5 points clear by 10.00 pm Tuesday with two to play for everyone...
Likewise, we could be 4 points behind Barnsley with two to play.

May I suggest to everyone to give up on the speculating and the predicting. I don't have much time for the tv pundits but I have to agree with them on the Championship...it's such an impossible league to predict.
Edited by lowdham bluenose, Apr 16 2018, 09:52 AM.

KennyBurns
Member Avatar
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
—————Stockdale————-

Colin—-Roberts—Morrison—-Grounds

Jota——-Kieftenbeld—-Davis—-Maghoma

—————Adams——-Jutkiewicz————-

Subs: Kuszczak, Harding, Dacres-Cogley, Gardner, Ndoye, Boga, Gallagher

BLUE KID
Member Avatar
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
As long as Grounds and Kieftenbeld don't start I'll be happy!!

PartisanBCFC
Member Avatar
Jack Wiseman
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
thetoot
Apr 15 2018, 09:00 PM
I honestly think we can take Sheffield United in this match. I would maintain that, even if they are chasing a playoff place, their team is no better than ours and we are at home. The way Monk has got us playing, I think a win is definitely possible.
Agree ....we've been involved in 'mini Cup Finals' for many weeks even months now but this is the real deal of a Cup Final

We must win.....I should add a draw or defeat is not the final nail either but 3 points here could feel like those proverbial six

Some folks are obsessed with Bolton and Barnsley but I still maintain that Reading are not quite out of danger yet and I cannot see Barnsley getting more than point at Forest in their game in hand , if they don't win the game in hand then they remain below us so destiny remains in our own hands

The fate of all of the clubs fighting for their lives is largely dependent on spirit and fight and also there are those clubs who are simply rounding off the season with not much to play for....do they still play with pride or are they on the beach already ....as is the case with clubs like Forest , Leeds, Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday and our next away opponents QPR

Reading still have to go to Cardiff on the last day ....I would rather be at home to Fulham

Also Wolves want to cap off an incredible season and I expect them to beat Bolton on Saturday with ease as they want to confirm the Title itself

Come on Blues .....2-0

:blues:
Edited by PartisanBCFC, Apr 16 2018, 05:43 PM.

BorisBlue
Member Avatar
Frank Worthington
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Adams has scored 3 in 27 League games this season. I know he's been injured but he is not prolific.

He's inconsistent and can go missing in games but because he was previously with the Blades and it could be a case of 'scoring against yer old team' I'd start with him in a 4-4-2 and hope he get's his head down and drills a powerful one in as he did v Cardiff.

lowdham bluenose
Joe Bradford
BorisBlue
Apr 16 2018, 06:20 PM
Adams has scored 3 in 27 League games this season. I know he's been injured but he is not prolific.

Whereas Jukietcz has missed 27 in 3 league games.

Gallagher and Adams up front for me, with Maghoma and Jota playing forward and wide.

BorisBlue
Member Avatar
Frank Worthington
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
lowdham bluenose
Apr 16 2018, 06:30 PM
BorisBlue

Gallagher and Adams up front for me, with Maghoma and Jota playing forward and wide.
Heh heh **thumbup

That's the forward formation I'd employ. I don't know why Maghoma didn't start v the Dog-heads.

terminator666
Member Avatar
Trevor Francis
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Anyone else as worried as me about where our goals are coming from? 1-0 would be great and if Barnsley lost I think we would be close to safety- one more point in the remaining two matches I reckon would be enough
Edited by terminator666, Apr 16 2018, 08:33 PM.

thetoot
Member Avatar
Frank Worthington
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
lowdham bluenose
Apr 16 2018, 06:30 PM
BorisBlue

That would be risky as Gallagher might not be fit yet, but it could work. I would love to see a Gallagher/Adams forward line.

As a side note, that combination could well be worth many millions in a few years time.

jmsblues
Member Avatar
Alex Govan
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
—————Stockdale————-

Harding—-Roberts—Morrison—-Colin

Jota——-Gardner-—-Davis—-Maghoma

Subs: Kuszczak, Grounds, Dacres-Cogley, Kief, Ndoye, Boga, Gallagher

3-1 Blues

archiesbluedad
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
jmsblues
Apr 16 2018, 11:26 PM
—————Stockdale————-

Harding—-Roberts—Morrison—-Colin

Jota——-Gardner-—-Davis—-Maghoma

Subs: Kuszczak, Grounds, Dacres-Cogley, Kief, Ndoye, Boga, Gallagher

3-1 Blues
Think that's the best side we could put out with what's available. We need to win so Gardner gets in ahead of kieftenbeld and Davis has scored goals before. Adams being back is a big boost as Juke was so isolated Sunday. Hoping for another snowstorm and scoreline like v Hull.

bluenoseboris
Paul Tait
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Too much to expect Gallagher to come straight back in - if he's OK then bring him on second half or as and when needed
Mags must start and will surely start - the only reasons he didn't was clearly GM set the team up against Wolves with muscle in mind and wanted a scrappy game and hoped for a draw or a small loss to prevent GD from rising.
Adam must start - Juke simply cannot do it all up front on his own and at home in a must win game you must surely have 2 strikers on. Play Jota close enough to the pair of them and he can do damage.
Im thinking the Wolves game was not a target for points for GM =but this one is and we will see the team set up for a win for sure

BRUMYUM
Bob Hatton
[ *  *  *  * ]
Calm down guys we will win tonight just believe kro

scudwalker
Chief
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
BRUMYUM
Apr 17 2018, 09:26 AM
Tonight????

BorisBlue
Member Avatar
Frank Worthington
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
BRUMYUM
Apr 17 2018, 09:26 AM
I think the crowd at St Andrews could be a bit on the quiet side tonight BRUMYUM :unsure:

Loz.JBB.
Member Avatar
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
face it we are going down and only have the shoddy owners to blame for the demise.
its been coming for 3 years!

Venoms_Gold
Ian Bennett
[ *  *  *  * ]
No excuses for not winning this. Sheffield United are not in great form

jmsblues
Member Avatar
Alex Govan
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Venoms_Gold
Apr 17 2018, 12:28 PM
No excuses for not winning this. Sheffield United are not in great form
They are 3 points from play offs, you’re lot couldn’t beat them at home could they? Donaldson!! :applause:
We will show you how it’s done Saturday **thumbup

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Blues Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Forum Design by Hirsty.