Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to bcfcforum.co.uk. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Starting To Get The Buzz
Topic Started: Jun 10 2018, 11:13 AM (263 Views)
lowdham bluenose
Joe Bradford
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I was out and about in Southwell and Lowdham yesterday and noticed the pubs have got the 32 flags of the countries pinned around the premises, wallcharts on the walls and television sets down and ready. Folk were talking about the WC and which games they'll be watching and where.

My local has three competitions going (sweep, goals and cards) and will be screening every game - most in the background without sound. The WC flags bunting is up and the tv has apperared ready for the big kick off.

What I like about the WC is how it is totally inclusive and most of us united rooting for one team. I'll never forget the buzz, atmosphere and feelgood factor of the whole country in 1990 and 1996 when we did better than normal. Let's hope the same can happen this year.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Coorslite
Member Avatar
Frank Worthington
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I love the WC, or any football. The WC is unique and the favourites are not always guaranteed to win it. Want to see some upsets that for sure. England will do OK but it is a young and this WC will be valuable for the youngsters. You never know. England played well against Costa Rica. To much sideways and backwards for me. Use these wing backs more.

Come on England :Eng01: :Eng09:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

beardedwolf
Mick Harford
[ * ]
Living in Scotland I always get into these major tournaments as I have to wind the Scots up about how bad they are and how utterly brilliant England are.

Thing is after a while I start to believe my own hype so when the inevitable happens and England stink it out, I get the double whammy of being depressed and getting ripped to shreds from rabid Scots eager to remind me of all the things I said to them pre tournament.

westsussexbluenose
Garry Pendrey
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think it will be slow burn this time, there is no expectation really, and the press havenít built them up just to crucify them, which I am really pleased about. I just hope they play without fear and when mistakes are made they arenít vilified for it. I think for once a longer term view has been taken, and it was a blessing in disguise that dinosaur Allardyce was shown route one out of the door, just like his tactics.

I must admit that I didnít give Southgate a prayer but, I have to eat humble pie and say that he has handled the issues of the big time Charlieís well and shown faith in a much younger team and a different style of football.

Iím starting to get the buzz now, will be in France for the middle part of the tournament so it will be good to watch some games in a bar with fans from different parts of the world.

I reckon Brazil have a chance but would love an African nation to do well ...

I just hope the competition isnít plagued with diving and cheating.

:Eng05: :Eng01:

NomadBluenose
Jose Dominguez
[ *  *  * ]
Arrived in Moscow today - the Peruvians have travelled in huge numbers and are helping to create a fantastic atmosphere here. The locals Iíve spoken to have all been extremely welcoming and arenít expecting much from their national side. Hope itís a great tournament.
Edited by NomadBluenose, Jun 12 2018, 08:39 PM.

manderi
David Langan
[ * ]
NomadBluenose
Jun 12 2018, 08:38 PM
Arrived in Moscow today - the Peruvians have travelled in huge numbers and are helping to create a fantastic atmosphere here. The locals Iíve spoken to have all been extremely welcoming and arenít expecting much from their national side. Hope itís a great tournament.
Hi Nomad, Are you doing a blog of your experiences? Would be great to hear what it's like from one of our own.

lowdham bluenose
Joe Bradford
NomadBluenose
Nice one Nomad. I have been to games in France 98 and Germany 06 and the buzz and carnival atmosphere is wonderful. So many different nationlities and all love football. Of course Euro 96 was great as well.

Edited by lowdham bluenose, Jun 13 2018, 05:26 PM.

Bart P. Cozner
Trevor Francis
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
NomadBluenose
Enjoy, and stay safe.

westsussexbluenose
Garry Pendrey
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thereís me saying a few days ago that I fancy Brazil, and stone me, I only get Brazil in the pub sweepstake.. :ball: :ball: :ball:

Good result for the Ruskies, keeps them happy for a while.

Spain vPortugal, tomorrow should be a cracking game with a bit of luck..

NomadBluenose
Jose Dominguez
[ *  *  * ]
Wasnít planning on doing a blog but happy to post some updates for anyone thatís interested. Iíll be in Russia throughout the group stages and at the England vs Panama match on June 24th.

Was at the FIFA fan fest in Moscow today to watch the opening game. I think there were around 25,000 in the park but enough big screens to see the match and almost everyone was dressed in their countriesí colours (predominantly Peru, Colombia, Argentina and Brazil) Unfortunately the queues for beer and toilets were ridiculous but the atmosphere was fantastic again and obviously the locals went home happy. Didnít see a single England shirt or flag there all day.

Fair play to Russia but Saudi Arabia were atrocious and today was a perfect example of why the World Cup needs less teams and not more. Still, Iíd love to see England win that convincingly in a World Cup match!

Looking forward to the Spain vs Portugal match tomorrow, hopefully itís a classic :Eng09:

PartisanBCFC
Member Avatar
Jack Wiseman
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Wasn't a classic but should make the home nation supporters a bit more optimistic

Most Russian fans didn't give their own team much chance before kick off....reminds me so much of a lot of England fans

Saudi Arabia were terrible though

Their form 'deserted' them ....you would have thought they would have felt at home in a city called Moscow

They seemed to quickly run out of petrol and didn't seem to have a prayer, they need to regroup for the next date

They should get Riyad of their coach

I'll get me coat :silence:

Edited by PartisanBCFC, Jun 15 2018, 08:20 AM.

lowdham bluenose
Joe Bradford
Looking forward to Egypt - Uruguay and Spain-Portugal this evening.

I'll be watching the Spain game down the pub tonight.

scudwalker
Chief
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
OK so who paid the Saudi's off to not turn up??? What a fiasco but the last 2 goals were really good to watch. Also thought Robby Williams did a good turn aswell.

lowdham bluenose
Joe Bradford
lowdham bluenose
Jun 15 2018, 08:19 AM
Looking forward to Egypt - Uruguay and Spain-Portugal this evening.

I'll be watching the Spain game down the pub tonight.
Things have changed...I'll be watching the Spain-Portugal game at home, but I will be sneaking off for a cheeky couple down the pub at 4pm to watch the first half of the Morocco - Iran game.
Edited by lowdham bluenose, Jun 15 2018, 09:52 AM.

westsussexbluenose
Garry Pendrey
[ *  *  *  * ]
PartisanBCFC
Jun 15 2018, 08:19 AM
Wasn't a classic but should make the home nation supporters a bit more optimistic

Most Russian fans didn't give their own team much chance before kick off....reminds me so much of a lot of England fans

Saudi Arabia were terrible though

Their form 'deserted' them ....you would have thought they would have felt at home in a city called Moscow

They seemed to quickly run out of petrol and didn't seem to have a prayer, they need to regroup for the next date

They should get Riyad of their coach

I'll get me coat :silence:

it's not a coat you need

its a flying carpet :ph43r:

those we awful jokes Parti **thumbup

lowdham bluenose
Joe Bradford
What a day yesterday. Uruguay get a deserved late winner. Morocco were all over Iran throughout the game and then score a superb own goal in injury time for an Iran win. And what a game Spain v Portugal was, 3-3 this way, that way and a Cristiano Ronaldo hat-trick. Great stuff.

And we have four games today.

lowdham bluenose
Joe Bradford
I have been to the hairdressers this morning and without exception all the women in there, clients and hairdressers, were talking about the World Cup. I was their expert for the 25 minutes I was in there. This is what I love about the World Cup - it's so inclusive and many, many people are interested in it. Even Mrs Lowdham watched the Spain-Portugal game last night.

Edited by lowdham bluenose, Jun 16 2018, 10:02 AM.

boilerman
Member Avatar
Frank Worthington
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
lowdham bluenose
Jun 16 2018, 10:01 AM
I have been to the hairdressers this morning and without exception all the women in there, clients and hairdressers, were talking about the World Cup. I was their expert for the 25 minutes I was in there. This is what I love about the World Cup - it's so inclusive and many, many people are interested in it. Even Mrs Lowdham watched the Spain-Portugal game last night.

Hairdressers? something you'd like to share Lowdown

PartisanBCFC
Member Avatar
Jack Wiseman
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
boilerman
Jun 16 2018, 07:41 PM
He was getting a blow dry , no doubt , after all this is a 'Buzz' thread

had to do a word check there

:whistle: :whistle:

I get the buzz cut too these days, having lost most of the hair , I'm in and out in about 4 minutes :LOL: , the hair dresser (I haven't used a barber shop in decades) I usually use follows Greece...Ö.I commiserated with him as his team are not involved in the WC and told him to follow England instead but he has a soft spot for Croatia Ö...there are all these TV commercials on in the States now trying to entice the Yanks to follow other nations for the duration of the tournament Ö...Amazingly I think this is the first time the USA haven't qualified for a World Cup since Mexico '86 if I'm not mistaken, they hosted 1994 and have now been chosen as a co host of the 2026 tourno along with Canada and Mexico

The Americans won't be following Mexico.....they can't stand each other from a football standpoint, big rivalry, the surprise package from CONCACAF, Panama are in England's group Ö..that will be an interesting one

:whistle: :whistle:
Edited by PartisanBCFC, Jun 16 2018, 10:36 PM.

lowdham bluenose
Joe Bradford
boilerman
Jun 16 2018, 07:41 PM
lowdham bluenose
Jun 16 2018, 10:01 AM

My monthly haircut.

lowdham bluenose
Joe Bradford
An interesting day today...Brazil only draw snd Germany lose.

canadian brummie
Malcom Page
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
lowdham bluenose
Jun 17 2018, 09:21 PM
An interesting day today...Brazil only draw snd Germany lose.
Enjoyed watching both games. Entertaining stuff.

:Eng09:

clapton bluenose
Alex Govan
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
That Joshua Kimmich looks good and very creative from right back for Germany despite being on the losing team, he impressed.

Loved how the Mexicans played in the first half and in the end glad they done enough there to win the game.

Itís a very good tournament so far.

beardedwolf
Mick Harford
[ * ]
Not gonna lie.

I'm giddy with excitement about tonight.

Come on England!!! Don't let me down...

lowdham bluenose
Joe Bradford
clapton bluenose
Jun 18 2018, 05:45 AM

Itís a very good tournament so far.
I agree, the majority of the games have been entertaining, there have been goals (and good goals) and we have four of the biggies not winning their first game (Spain, Germany, Argentina and Brazil). Some of these groups look as though they are going to be tight.

And all this before England have kicked a ball. A win this evening will certainly set this tournament off to a great start.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · World Cup 2018 Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Forum Design by Hirsty.