Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to bcfcforum.co.uk. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
World Cup or Promotion
Topic Started: Jul 8 2018, 10:40 AM (701 Views)
lowdham bluenose
Joe Bradford
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yesterday at a mates house were eleven of us football fans. Fans of Forest, Notts Co, Derby, Lincoln, Peterborough and me the Blues fan. Somebody asked the question "win the World Cup or gain promotion next season?"

7 voted win the World Cup and 4 went for gain promotion.

I went for win the World Cup. What would you go for?

Edited by lowdham bluenose, Jul 8 2018, 10:41 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

gesanners
Steve Claridge
[ *  *  * ]
I'd choose promotion 100% if we had the players and financial backing to stay up. Unfortunately we are where we belong until we find a sugar daddy. So I vote World Cup!

beegeeblueboy
Member Avatar
Bob Latchford
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
gesanners
Jul 8 2018, 10:46 AM
I'd choose promotion 100% if we had the players and financial backing to stay up. Unfortunately we are where we belong until we find a sugar daddy. So I vote World Cup!
But the Gods have given you the choice. Finance doesnt come me into it.

Id choose promotion

steveski83
Martin Grainger
[ *  *  * ]
100% Promotion. Club over country every time. Ive put all my time and money into Blues over the last 20+ Years. Plus the emotional attachment I have with Blues with all the highs and lows. Obviously I watch England and always want them to win and do well but the feeling is nowhere near what I feel for Birmingham. It would be amazing to see England win the World Cup but given the choice it is blues every time. Blues is so much more personal!!!!! KRO

Blacksmith
Member Avatar
Jeff Hall
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Promotion every time. I'm only interested in Blues. In fact, I've hardly watched any of the World Cup.

bluenosealan
Martin Grainger
[ *  *  * ]
Promotion.
I was one of the fortunate ones at Wembley in 1966.
Fantastic as it was Blues always come before England.

clapton bluenose
Alex Govan
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
World Cup, all day for me tbh.

Most of us on here have never witnessed England winning a World Cup, do people not realise how big this would be for whole country?

Good question tho.

beegeeblueboy
Member Avatar
Bob Latchford
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
clapton bluenose
Jul 8 2018, 11:45 AM
World Cup, all day for me tbh.

Most of us on here have never witnessed England winning a World Cup, do people not realise how big this would be for whole country?

Good question tho.
Tempting fate to put up a poll on who remembers the 1966 WCF so I wont and no-one else should - yet

scudwalker
Chief
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Promotion for me. The world cup is a very small moment in time it comes and goes.

Promotion is a career part of our dreams that go on and on.

ChicagoBlues
Ian Bennett
[ *  *  *  * ]
Promotion...my team didn't even make it to the world cup

Paul Tait's Tee-Shirt
Paul Tait's Tee Shirt
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Promotion

Blues always first, England second.

lowdham bluenose
Joe Bradford
I went for winning the World Cup for a number of reasons

1. This is the best WC have seen and to win it would be the icing on the cake
2. The country is united behind England and it is creating a superb feelgood factor.
3. The partying after winning the WC would be something else.
4. Winning the WC can be shared with everyone.
5. Winning promotion can be gained at sometime in the future, although winning the WC could well be a once in a few decades event.
6. I have experienced promotion a few times before.
7. If we got promotion then we spend the next season struggling and struggling.
Edited by lowdham bluenose, Jul 8 2018, 01:36 PM.

elseb
Member Avatar
Paul Tait
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Easily the world cup, don't even need to think about it. The odds of getting promoted in a season are much easier than winning the world cup.

backofthenet
Kenny Burns
[ *  *  *  * ]
Promotion without hesitation

But both would be nice with Vile relegated just for good measure

Worcester Blue
Frank Worthington
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Club before country without question

I wouldn't be too bothered if we Got to World Cup final but lost, whereas I would be like a bear with a sore head for a long time if Blues lost a play off final

lowdham bluenose
Joe Bradford
lowdham bluenose
Jul 8 2018, 01:34 PM

2. The country is united behind England and it is creating a superb feelgood factor.
5. Winning promotion can be gained at sometime in the future, although winning the WC could well be a once in a few decades event.
...I forgot another reason, if we win the WC then that will well and truly p..is.s off the Jocks. **thumbup

lowdham bluenose
Joe Bradford
Blacksmith
Jul 8 2018, 11:05 AM
Promotion every time. I'm only interested in Blues. In fact, I've hardly watched any of the World Cup.
Blackie, I have read your posts about England over the years and have agreed with you in the main. However the England squad is different now. They are not the pampered, over-hyped egotistic nobs that we had to endure since 2002, they are in fact a a nicely rounded set of players most of whom have worked hard playing in the lowere divisions to get where they are now, Jessy Lingard for instance who came to Blues as part of his development. Gareth Southgate and his squad have won me over. Give them a try Blackie.

Also if Blues got promotion you'll be moaning at the grossly inflated Premioer League admission prices and moaning at all the re-arranged fixtures for television.

Blacksmith
Member Avatar
Jeff Hall
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
No, I agree with you about this squad, Lowds. Southgate has been like a breath of fresh air with his squad selection. It's just that I'm not really interested in international football. Of course, I want England to do well but I've lots of other things to interest me in the summer.

Besides, I did get to see England win the World Cup in 66. ;)
Edited by Blacksmith, Jul 8 2018, 03:51 PM.

brummie65
Member Avatar
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Think it depends on of your priorities are club or country. For me club first always. Country second. However it's rare for England to have a chance like they do now and we are likely one day to gain promotion again as it is certain we will get relegated again. So on this occasion I will go for England winning world cup. But blues always first.

DEdblue
Paul Tait
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
It's a silly question, bit like the 2011 cup win or survive....I chose cup that time and have regretted it so often since....so this time I'm wanting both, England,Champions of the World....
Birmingham City, Members of the 'Premier Lge'
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>
But for me it is always Blues First....

jmsblues
Member Avatar
Mikael Forssell
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
lowdham bluenose
Jul 8 2018, 03:36 PM
lowdham bluenose
Jul 8 2018, 01:34 PM

...I forgot another reason, if we win the WC then that will well and truly p..is.s off the Jocks. **thumbup
I agree with you on all of this, every point tbh. England winning World Cup for me as I dont think it will open up for us like this again for a long long time. Ive witnessed blues get promotion a few times and Im sure I will again in the not too distant future. Id be very happy with England winning the WC and a solid midtable season for blues next season.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

beegeeblueboy
Member Avatar
Bob Latchford
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
If my 2018 self spoke to my 2011 self Id still say the CCF win. How many times since then have you heard YNWFA, eh? Worth it to get that elephant off our back.
Edited by beegeeblueboy, Jul 9 2018, 07:39 AM.

terminator666
Member Avatar
Trevor Francis
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Promotion- Blues over country every time👍 KRO

Loz.JBB.
Member Avatar
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
world cup for me..... promotion will only last blues a season :)

dan_lesser
Blue_dan
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I've thought about this many times over the years, and I always want the WC (although I was a bit more split in the 16 years before we got to the Prem).
Born in '69 so never seen a WC win.
The country could do with a lift.
We go up, we go down, it's always been the way.
We will do it again sometime.
A world cup win maybe comes once or twice in a lifetime, I must have seen around 10 Blues promotions, probably more.
Each one was great (although the Eck one was sooo dull), and usually followed by a shot season struggling.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · All Football Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Forum Design by Hirsty.